Tuesday 17 September 2013

My little/Big adventure

Well the plan is almost complete!!! As follows,

On Saturday 21st September at midday  I will be starting The Cotswold Way Race in Chipping Campden , 102 miles in total and hoping to finish before midday sunday the 22nd in Bath,but after the finish I will be continuing running, (and probably lots of walking) home to Poole,another 60/70 miles (not really sure of the distance)
I have a rough idea of the route and is as follows :
From Bath to the Kennett and Avon Canal to Avoncliffe.
From Avoncliffe join the Macmillan Way to Stourton.
Join the Stour ValleyWay somewhere near here and follow it to Canford Magna where I leave the Stour Valley and head across Canford Heath and hopefully home in one piece.
This will be absolutely my biggest challenge to date and to be honest I don't know why I am attempting it!!!!
I think the actual race will be ok but am really nervous about the home leg, mainly because I am not good with maps but as the saying goes (practise makes perfect). Food and drink is another issue I will have to deal with as during the Ridgeway 85 I was sick a few times in the last 20 miles, and couldn,t face more food or drink which slowed me down considerably.
So that's about it for now just got to sort and pack kit .
Here,s Hoping!!!!!!!!

Well it went well for 35 miles but was very sick for the next 30 miles so pulled out at 65 miles was more like 75miles to after getting lost in the fog a few times . First DNF !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment